Saturday, December 8, 2012

Dress Regret?

So ever since before I got engaged, I had always dreamed of having a Maggie Sottero for my wedding dress.  I just loved her designs and I wanted to look like a princess in a fairytale for my special day.  The dress I was in love with was Decadence.


It had everything I had always dreamed of in a dress...sweetheart neckline, corset back, ballgown, a little bit of bling, lace, and a train.  But when I actually tried it on, it didn't look as good on me as I had imagined.  I ended up getting a different dress.  Also a Maggie Sottero but one that was more simple and elegant although it had some of the original features that I fell in love with.  And it was cheaper too...closer to my original budget of $1000 for the dress as I had budgeted $500 for everything else (acessories, alterations, petticoat, etc.)

So after I put down my deposit on my dress, I started to have second thoughts.  Was my dress too simple?  Maybe I should've just gone with my dream dress after all...you only get married once.  So what if I had gone over budget.  I began to have the dreaded dress regret.  I even ended up posting pictures of me in my dress on a public forum and a lot of those comments reassured me that I had made the right decision after all.

It can be a bit daunting making such an important decision knowing that all eyes will be on you the bride.  This desire for perfection often makes brides start to second guess their decision.  My advice, once you've found "the one", stop looking!  It's similar to meeting your fiance...you fell in love with him for a reason.  Yeah he might not be perfect but he's perfect for you.  That's exactly how I feel about my dress ;-P

Did you have dress regret?  What did you do to overcome it?

1 comment:

  1. I definitely had second thoughts with my dress, but I just kind of pushed through it. Did I love my dress, not necessary. But I did really like it.

    Of course, for me a lot of it had to do with the fact that my mom died less than a year before the wedding, and we never got to go wedding dress shopping together. I did go shopping with my bridesmaids while she was still alive, and sent her pictures. But not being able to have the dress shopping experience with my mom, gave me doubts.

    But the dress I picked was one I had texted to my mom. So at least she did see pictures of me in it. And I'm sure this comment was far longer than you expected, but I guess that's how it is.... and just letting you know I'm Miss Ariel on weddingbee.

    ReplyDelete