Saturday, December 15, 2012

Ceremony music


So I have always imagined having a string quartet playing during the ceremony.  However, I really can't seem to justify the cost in the budget.  I thought of even hiring just a string trio for just one hour for ceremony only, no cocktail hour but it still seemed too expensive.  Especially since I had to also pay for speakers and microphone for the officiant with my DJ so included in that would be ceremony music too.

But I figure I could still have my DJ playing string quartet music.  So here's the plan for the ceremony music so far.

Prelude
  - Spring from the Four Seasons, Vivaldi
  - Air from Water Music, Handel
  - A Little Night Music, Mozart
  - Meditation from "Thais", Massenet

Processional Songs
  Mothers - Ave Maria, Schubert
  Bridal Party - Canon in D, Pachebel

Bridal Entrance - Bridal Chorus, Wagner

Interlude Song
  Unity Candle/Sand - Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, Bach

Recessional Song - Wedding March, Mendelssohn

Do you think this is too traditional?  What songs are you thinking of including in your ceremony?

No comments:

Post a Comment